Most competitive sports require high levels of aerobic performance over extended periods of time. For some reason, we take our breathing for granted and many coaches do not include any form of breathing techniques to strengthen the lungs and more importantly to maximise lung capacity.
In yoga, breathing is vital to the practice and all movement is in unison with the breath. Oxygen is the most vital nutrient in our body. It is essential for the proper and effective functioning of the brain, nerves and muscles. The SportsYoga V02 Max is a 6-week program, which will enable athletes to become aware of the power of breathing patterns, they can then use the breath to release tight muscles, increase lung capacity, and improve mental focus therefore improving performance in their sport.
SportsYoga VO2 Max helps develop deep relaxed breathing to achieve the following:
- Reduce breathing rate/increase of oxygen
- Increase blood circulation to vital organs
- Circulates and detoxifies the lymph fluid to speed up recovery time from training 15% faster, eliminating fatigue
- Increase lung capacity/efficiency
- Condition and strengthen lung, diaphragm and intercostal muscles
- Optimum speed/vitality/endurance
- Slower heart rate
- Oxygen is essential for the production of ATP- the chemical basis of energy production in the body
- Specific breathing techniques will increase red blood cells naturally
- Higher degree of concentration and mental focus
- Calm clear controlled mind essential at crucial match point/race
- Build a strong bond and synergy in the dressing room at pre match or halftime.
The above programs will add a new and important dimension to your training and you will have the advantage of being first to the ball and quicker to recovery – the rest is up to you!